Posted on July 6, 2012 by ari
Thanks so much for the encouraging comments and emails about my confession video! I have another one for you here – it’s 25 minutes long but I hope it’s interesting. I’ll make the next one shorter.
This video is about my vegan evolution, so you get to hear how obnoxious I was as an early vegan (and what happened to make me, I hope, less obnoxious), how my friends Frankie and Nessie and Diane and Hugh and Jesse helped me on my way, what happened when I worked for PETA for two ill-fated weeks, and some tips for other people embarking on this journey.
Here are links to things I mention in the video:
- Why Vegan? by Vegan Outreach
- Meat Market: Animals, Ethics, and Money by Erik Marcus
- Animal Equality: Language and Liberation by Joan Dunayer
- The Animal Question: Why Nonhuman Animals Deserve Human Rights by Paola Cavalieri, Catherine Woollard
- Animal Grace: Entering a Spiritual Relationship with Our Fellow Creatures by Mary Lou Randour, Susan Chernak Mcelroy (Foreword)
- Other helpful books, websites, and arguments
If you liked this video you might like this page about other activist stuff I’ve worked on, or my Vegan Ithaca website.
Thanks for watching! Please leave comments below or write me an email to tell me what you think – I really value hearing your comments and critiques.
- I Am a Hypocrite
- Shirari Peace and Love Podcast #7: May Day 2012
- For Barter or Worse: Please vote for my video about sharing!
- The moment I stopped eating meat
- If you’re unemployed, it’s not because there isn’t any work